BROKEN ARROW, Okla. — Police identify the suspect arrested after an 11-hour stand off ended with gunfire, a destroyed home.
Broken Arrow police arrested 35-year-old Hiest Liberty Hart in the early morning hours of Dec. 3rd.
Around 5:30 p.m. on Dec. 2nd, police responded to a standoff in east Broken Arrow, according to the Broken Arrow Police Department.
Officers responded to a reported burglary at a house near South 257th East Avenue and East Norman Street. BAPD said the homeowner discovered a stranger armed with a handgun inside the house and called the police. Officers arrived and found Hart would not respond to commands.
Broken Arrow police said just before 3 a.m. the Special Operations Team Officers attempted to enter the home when Hart shot at them. Officers retreated and began to negotiate with Hart again. Hart began lighting fires in the attic of the home, police said.
Around 4 a.m. on Dec. 3rd, police said Hart tried to escape the home and police took him into custody.
Police said Hart has been released from the hospital and is being booked into Wagoner County Jail for second degree burglary, three counts of shooting with intent to kill and second degree arson.
- Tulsa Police Department releases report based on citizen complaints
- DOWNLOAD the 2 Works for You app for alerts
- Bob Stoops rejoins OU as assistant coach
- FOLLOW 2 Works for You on Facebook
- Tulsa couple married in KJRH helicopter 30 years ago
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere --
- Download our free app for Apple, Android and Kindle devices.
- Sign up for daily newsletters emailed to you
- Like us on Facebook
- Follow us on Instagram
- Follow us on Twitter