TULSA, Okla — The Tulsa Historical Society & Museum found its missing 5 Moons statue in pieces on Monday.
Someone took the Marjorie Tallchief statue sometime during the night on Thursday.
The director of the historical society says the statue had been sold for scrap at a recycling facility in Catoosa. The statue has been cut into pieces and some of those pieces are still missing.
The historical society is hoping to raise money to replace the statue. They've set up a GoFundMe with a goal of $35,000.
For more information on the 5 Moons statues,click here.
- Naomi Judd, of Grammy-winning duo The Judds, dies at 76
- DOWNLOAD the 2 News Oklahoma app for alerts
- Owasso family frustrated after buying used car from Carvana
- FOLLOW 2 News Oklahoma on Facebook
- Three OU Meteorology students killed in fatal crash
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere --