TULSA, Okla. — There is always a ride ready and waiting to drive seniors to the COVID vaccine.
A green van decked out with the logo of LIFE Senior Services is critical in keeping their mission going.
The organization was just awarded $100,000 by the Indian Nations Council of Governments to fund LIFE’s transportation efforts, which include helping the elderly get to and from vaccine appointments.
“We became aware that transportation was an emerging challenge. Many folks could call a neighbor, or a child and they could get a ride but lots of folks couldn’t,” said Eileen Bradshaw, president and CEO of LIFE.
The number to call for transportation services from LIFE is (918) 949-9969.
- Winchester residents worried by meat processing plant moving in
- DOWNLOAD the 2 Works for You app for alerts
- Oklahoma hires Loyola Chicago's Porter as basketball coach
- FOLLOW 2 Works for You on Facebook
- Chuba Hubbard donates Blessing Backpacks to those experiencing homelessness
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere --