JENKS, Okla. — Jenks Middle Schools will remain in distance learning through Dec. 11th due to a gas leak.
According to the district's website, the leak at the middle school cannot be repaired in enough time for the school to open the week of Dec. 7th. "With the gas turned off to the entire building, there is no heat to the building to create a safe, comfortable learning environment," officials said.
The district said students in the middle school will return to in-person learning on Monday, Dec. 14th.
Jenks Public Schools sincerely apologizes for the inconvenience. Employees from JPS Facilities Management, as well as outside contractors, are working as quickly as possible to fix the leak and complete the necessary safety tests to re-open the school.
- Oklahoma woman shares her story after surviving COVID-19
- DOWNLOAD the 2 Works for You app for alerts
- Holiday parades happening across Green Country
- FOLLOW 2 Works for You on Facebook
- Native American tribes aim to expand broadband internet during pandemic
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere --