TULSA, Okla. — The Hiland Dairy plant in downtown Tulsa is closing.
Employees learned about the closure on Friday. The plant is scheduled to close on August 3rd. There are 125 employees at the Tulsa location. Those employees will get a severance and benefits package.
Hiland officials said the employees are being encouraged to apply at other area Hiland plants and the leadership team is also talking with other area manufacturers about open positions.
In a news release Hiland said:
Hiland’s product availability and service will not be interrupted and will continue to serve the market as it has for many years. Tulsa will remain a distribution center and continue serving the Tulsa market from other Hiland plants, including its Chandler and Norman, Oklahoma facilities.
- Walmart joins Target in announcing it won't be open on Thanksgiving
- DOWNLOAD the 2 Works for You app for alerts
- Oklahoma parents struggle to find summer childcare
- FOLLOW 2 Works for You on Facebook
- Breeze Airways launches nonstop service at Tulsa International Airport
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere --