TULSA, Okla. — This week, the country recognizes another kind of front-line hero: the week of May 3 is Teacher Appreciation week.
Schools across the country are in various stages of re-opening and some are still closed because of COVID-19. Regardless, teachers are working harder than ever.
Now, some businesses across the country are offering discounts to educators for everything from car rentals to Apple products. After a year of teaching during the pandemic, the end of the spring semester couldn’t come soon enough.
However, Sommer Lyons, a teacher at McKinley, said she’s already looking towards the fall semester and preparing for life when we return to normal. She said she’s just proud of her colleagues.
“I am proud of us. I’m proud of us as a district. I’m proud of all of the teachers for still being a teacher today,” Lyons said.
Additionally, Sommer also commended Tulsa Public School's parents for stepping up and helping students learn while they were out of the classroom. She said she hopes that parent-teacher partnership will be a new normal going forward.
Teacher Appreciation Week deals:
- 1800Flowers.com: NEA members can save 20% on flowers and gift baskets.
- 23andMe: Teachers save $20 to $100 on select DNA kits.
- Adobe Creative Cloud: Teachers save 60% off monthly Creative Cloud subscriptions.
- A.C. Moore: Present your school ID, pay stub or other qualifying identification to get 15% off regular and sale-priced purchases of arts and crafts supplies at A.C. Moore.
- Ann Taylor LOFT: Teachers save 15% off full-price purchases.
- Apple: Apple Education Pricing is available to teachers on select devices.
- A to Z Teacher Stuff: Get low prices on teaching eBooks and ready-to-use classroom activities created and classroom-tested by teachers. Many downloads are free.
- Barnes & Noble: Get 20% off purchases for classroom use throughout the year, and 25% off purchases during Educator Appreciation Days.
- Bookmans: Get 20% off all purchases.
- Books-a-Million: Get 25% off purchases for the classroom with a BAM Educator’s card during Teacher Appreciation Week.
- Budget Truck Rental: get 10% off local moves and 15% off one-way moves.
- Coolframes.com: Teachers get a 5% discount.
- Costco: NEA members will receive a $30 Costco Shop Card with a new Costco membership.
- Dagne Dover: When you register with Dagna Dover, you can get 20% off purchases.
- Eduporium: Get a 20% discount on most products.
- GE Appliances Store: NEA members receive several discounts and free delivery on appliances costing more than $399.
- GelPro: Get 25% off your purchase of cushioned floor mats.
- GM Educator Discount: Current employees of a public school, private school, college or university can enjoy special pricing below MSRP on the purchase or lease of eligible, new Chevrolet, Buick, GMC or Cadillac vehicles.
- Half Price Books: Get 10% off purchases when you sign up for the Half Price Books Educator’s card.
- Hertz Rent a Car: NEA members can save 25% on rentals.
- J. Crew: Get 15% off at JCrew.com
- Joann: Teachers save 15% on purchases.
- Karen Kane: Teachers get a 20% discount.
- Lakeshore Learning: Save 15% when you join the Teacher’s Club.
- L.L. Bean: Get a 10% discount on your order.
- Michael’s: Get 15% off every purchase.
- Microsoft: Shop the Microsoft Education Store and you can save 10% on Surface, select software and more.
- National Rent a Car: NEA members save up to 25% on rentals.
- Office Depot/Office Max: Office Depot/Office Max stores’ Give Back to Schools Program lets you give your PreK-12 public or private school 5% of the purchase price on qualifying school supplies such as notebook paper pens, pads and binders.
- PBS Learning Media: Register free for access to thousands of classroom-ready, curriculum-targeted, digital resources and lesson plans aligned to Common Core and national standards. Basic service is free to PreK-12 educators.
- Pencils.com: Sign up to receive a 10% discount on purchases.
- Staples: Enroll in the Classroom Rewards program and receive up to $250 to use on classroom supplies from Staples. Parents donate 5% of their purchases to a teacher or school of their choosing, so you’ll need to enroll before parents can choose you as a recipient. Earn $5 rewards dollars just for signing up.
- Vineyard Vines: You can get 15% off your order.
- Meteor shower from Halley's comet to be seen this week
- DOWNLOAD the 2 Works for You app for alerts
- National 'chlorine tabs' shortage could impact pool owners
- FOLLOW 2 Works for You on Facebook
- Muscogee Nation offering emergency rental assistance program
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere --