TULSA, Okla. — American Airlines to issue WARN notice to 13,000 employees.
In a letter to employees officials said the airline is in a similar position to 2020 when it comes to the pandemic impact on air travel and the expiration of the Payroll Support Program in April led them to the decision to send the notices.
AA said they are flying 45% less than the same timeframe in 2019. The WARN notices will be issued on Feb. 5th.
What’s a WARN notice?
Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification. These notices may be required by law in certain locations in advance of potential furloughs. The notice does NOT necessarily mean furloughs will happen
Leaders said they are working with union leaders and other options to mitigate job impact as much as possible including:
- Supporting union leaders to urge Congress to extend PSP through Sept. 30
- Opening a voluntary early out program
- Opening at long-term voluntary leave of absence programs
These programs include:
- Early out program for team members with 10 or more years of workgroup seniority: An early out offering for team members with at least 10 years of workgroup seniority. This program includes up to $150,000 in a Retiree Health Reimbursement Arrangement for 65-point plan retirement-eligible team members, as well as some positive space travel.
- Early out program for team members with less than 10 years of workgroup seniority: An early out offering for team members who have less than 10 years of workgroup seniority. This program will provide continuation of active medical coverage and non-rev travel privileges for a period of time.
- Extended leave program: Extended leaves of 12 or 18 months that provide continued medical coverage at active rates, continued non-rev travel privileges and partial pay.
Right now there is not a breakdown to see how these furloughs could impact Tulsa, but 2 Works for You is continuing to ask questions and get more information as it is available.
- Man accused of killing 6, including 5 children, in Muskogee is charged with murder
- DOWNLOAD the 2 Works for You app for alerts
- Sister of Muskogee shooting victim remembers nieces and nephews
- FOLLOW 2 Works for You on Facebook
- The History of the Greenwood District: Rebounding & Rebuilding
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere --