MUSKOGEE, Okla. — 2 Works for You talked to the sister of a woman fighting for her life in a Tulsa hospital.
She and her family are praying for her recovery. Raven Anderson said she’s the sister of the victim and the aunt to the five children killed early Tuesday morning.
Anderson said her sister was a great mother and deeply cared for all of her kids. She said all five of the kids were very close to one another and spent much of their time together. They all liked to paint, draw and play at the park.
Anderson said her sister recently moved to Muskogee from Arkansas last month. This morning’s events came as a shock to the family.
“We’re trying to stay strong for my sister," Anderson said. "It’s just hard right now."
Anderson and her extended family are praying for their sister’s recovery. Still, they’re all having a hard time coping with this morning’s tragedy.
“They were great kids," Anderson said. "If anyone had known them, they would have loved them and cherished them."
The news of the tragedy in Muskogee traveled fast among the Oklahoma community. Megan Thompson, a friend of the family, said she’s shocked by the incident and completely heartbroken.
“As a mom, I can’t imagine what she [went] through,” Thompson said.
Anderson said her sister is conscious but in critical condition.
- Five children, one man killed in Muskogee, suspect in custody
- DOWNLOAD the 2 Works for You app for alerts
- Sand Springs police say father killed his two daughters and their mother before taking his own life
- FOLLOW 2 Works for You on Facebook
- Tulsa Public Schools announces plans that could potentially bring students back by end of Feb.
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere --