LAWTON, Okla. — Update:
The Amber Alert has been canceled. According to the Cherokee County Sheriff's Office the children have been found safe near Park Hill. Don Sellman has been detained by Muskogee Police.
Lawton police are looking for a missing 6-month-old boy and a 16-year-old girl.
An Amber Alert was issued around 2:45 p.m. on Thursday after 16-year-old Chasity Sellman and 6-month-old Carson Sellman left their foster care home in Lawton around 7:45 a.m.
Their foster mother reported them missing and told police they could be with the father Don Sellman. Both children have been in DHS custody after their mother's parental rights were terminated.
Law enforcement detained the father Don Sellman but said as of 5:45 p.m. the children are still outstanding and could be in a white Chevrolet four-door pickup truck without a tailgate.
Anyone who sees them should call 911.
- Owasso woman’s car window smashed, sentimental rings stolen at park
- DOWNLOAD the 2 News Oklahoma app for alerts
- Longtime City of Tulsa leader dies after lifetime of public service
- FOLLOW 2 News Oklahoma on Facebook
- Oklahoma veteran care nurses receiving significant pay raise
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere --