Union Athletics released their football guidelines for the 2020-21 school year.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, officials added several health protocols for football games.
As we navigate through these uncertain times during the COVID-19 pandemic, we would like you to know that the health and safety of all student-athletes, coaches, staff, officials, administrators, parents, and patrons is our priority.
According to the Union Athletics website, officials ask people attending events in the football stadium to follow these guidelines:
1. Mask or face coverings required for all participants, coaches, workers, officials, patrons or anyone entering the facility. Refusal to wear a mask or face covering will prevent admittance into the facility. All non-participants will be required to wear masks / face coverings at all times. We ask all patrons exercise social distancing procedures in our facilities.
2. Participants, officials and coaches may remove their masks when they reach the playing field. Face coverings are encouraged but not required inside the playing field.
3. Ticket takers and sellers will be masked and gloved and behind a Plexiglas partition.
4. Stadiums will be sold at a maximum of 50% capacity. There may be seating areas marked off as unavailable. Please refrain from sitting in these areas to help us keep our student-athletes, coaches and officials as safe as possible.
5. While we believe sportsmanship is paramount to the development of young people, at this time, we will recommend no pre-game or post-game hand shaking, high-fives, or fist bumps between opposing teams to reduce contact as much as possible.
6. For participants, officials and coaches, no shared towels, clothing, shoes, or water bottles.
7. For shared equipment, sanitation should occur in between use when necessary.
8. Before, during and after the contest, players, coaches, game officials, team personnel and game administration officials should wash and sanitize their hands as often as possible.
9. Locker rooms will be accessible to the visiting teams but we recommend the use of these locker rooms be as minimal as functionally possible. Masks will be required in locker rooms, athletic training rooms, and coaches’ offices and any area considered outside of the playing field.
10. If available, dressing facilities for game officials and teams should be large enough for them to use social-distancing protocols and should be properly cleaned and sanitized prior to their arrival.
11. Only necessary personnel will be allowed in the press box and on the sidelines.
12. When traveling to and from away events, all coaches and student-athletes will be required to wear face coverings.
13. Bands will not travel to away games. Home band capacity should be determined at each respective location.
14. OCA, OSSAA, FVC, and school-approved passes will be allowed until stadium capacity is met.
15. The team box may be extended on both sides of the field to the 10-yard lines in order for more social-distancing space for the teams.
16. Designated sideline/end zone areas will be afforded for each team’s spirit groups, which should not interfere with the team box.
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere --