BROKEN ARROW, Okla. — Josh Blankenship became emotional on Friday as officials announced him as the Broken Arrow Tigers next head football coach.
WATCH the announcement below:
Josh Blankenship, the son of legendary coach Bill Blankenship, was first confirmed to be the the next head football coach for the Tigers on Saturday, Jan. 2nd.
Bill Blankenship coached for Union while Josh was the quarterback. A few years later, at the University of Tulsa, Bill Blankenship became the head coach, while Josh held the quarterback position, again.
From 2011 to 2013, Josh Blankenship held the head coach position at Muskogee. Then, became the assistant to his father at TU in 2014.
Josh recently held the head coach position at Adams State University in Alamosa, Colorado.
- Oklahoma doctor sounds alarm over lack of ICU beds
- DOWNLOAD the 2 Works for You app for alerts
- COVID-19 vaccine registration process sparks frustration
- FOLLOW 2 Works for You on Facebook
- What 2nd stimulus package entails for Muscogee (Creek) Nation
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere --