In an effort to make up for budget cuts, Jenks Public Schools is asking for the help of parents.
According to the district's website, Jenks is facing budget cuts of $4.2 million. Many parents in the district have asked how they can help. The answer, according to the district, give $20 per student enrolled in the schools.
To give, parents are asked to visit trojan20.com or text "Trojan20" to 77977.
Southeast Elementary in Jenks is also asking for the help of parents. The school's PTA is also asking parents to consider giving $20. On the PTA's page, organizers list what the school would be able to do with the $20 provided by parents.
- Ensure each class goes on a field trip - $9000
- Provide Materials for Science Enrichment Activities - $1,000
- Provide periodicals for each class - $4,200
- Special Request Expenditures (technology, special programs, etc.) - $14.875
- and the list goes on.......
Below is a list of how much Green Country school districts could make if each parent were to give $20 per student.
- Union PS – approximately 15,500 students = $310,000
- Tulsa PS – approximately 42,000 students = $840,000
- Broken Arrow PS – approximately 18,000 students = $360,000
- Owasso PS – approximately 9,700 students = $194,000
- Bartlesville PS – approximately 6,000 students = $120,000
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere.
Sign up for newsletters emailed to your inbox. Select from these options: Breaking News, Severe Weather, School Closings, Daily Headlines and Daily Forecasts.