Would you like to receive local news notifications on your desktop?
Protein bar recall expanded due to undeclared peanut allergen
Posted: 12:13 PM, Jan 16, 2019
Updated: 2019-01-16 18:13:47Z
RXBAR has announced a voluntary recall on several of their protein bars due to an undeclared peanut allergen.
The company initially recalled their Chocolate Sea Salt and Coconut Chocolate varieties in December 2018.
They said they're expanding the recall after "receiving consumer contacts regarding allergic reactions to additional varieties," according to the
The recalled bars have "Best by Dates" ranging between January 14, 2019 and December 19, 2019.
Below is a list of the varieties being recalled:
- Apple Cinnamon
- Chocolate Chip
- Chocolate Hazelnut
- Chocolate Sea Salt
- Coconut Chocolate
- Coffee Chocolate
- Mango Pineapple
- Maple Sea Salt
- Mint Chocolate
- Mixed Berry
- KIDS Apple Cinnamon Raisin
- KIDS Berry Blast
- KIDS Chocolate Chip
- Pumpkin Spice
- 10-Bar Variety Pack (Blueberry, Chocolate Sea Salt, Coconut Chocolate, Peanut Butter Chocolate)
- 12-Bar Variety Pack (Chocolate Sea Salt, Peanut Butter Chocolate)
- 12-Bar Variety Pack (Blueberry, Chocolate Sea Salt, Mixed Berry, Peanut Butter, Peanut Butter Chocolate)
- 14-Bar Variety Pack (Chocolate Chip and Chocolate Sea Salt)
- 16-Bar Variety Pack (Chocolate Sea Salt, Peanut Butter Chocolate)
For the UPC numbers of each recalled variety,
Those who have purchased any of the recalled bars and who have peanut allergies should discard the bars and contact RXBAR at
or 1-312- 624-8200 for replacement or a full refund.
Copyright 2019 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.