NASA has invited social media users to apply to experience the next launch of Space Station Science and Supplies.
Social media users can apply to attend the July 16th launch at Cape Canaveral.
According to NASA, 50 social media users will be selected to attend the two-day event and will be given the same access as news media.
The deadline to apply was extended until June 22nd at 11:59 p.m.
NASA Social participants will have the opportunity to:
- View a launch of SpaceX’s Falcon 9 rocket
- Tour NASA facilities at Kennedy Space Center
- Speak with representatives from NASA, SpaceX and Center for the Advancement of Science in Space (CASIS)
- View and take photographs of the Falcon 9 rocket on the SpaceX launch pad
- Meet fellow space enthusiasts who are active on social media
- meet members of SpaceX and NASA's social media teams
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere.
Sign up for newsletters emailed to your inbox. Select from these options: Breaking News, Severe Weather, School Closings, Daily Headlines and Daily Forecasts.