A bipartisan campaign working to place State Question 805 on the 2020 ballot will host a virtual event to speak on the proposed policy.
YES on 805 is committed to implementing common-sense sentencing reform in Oklahoma, according to an official press release.
A panel of experts and people who have been impacted by incarceration with talk about the fiscal benefits of SQ 805 for the state and taxpayers. Official will give an update on the campaign and share their perspective.
Officials say the panel will include the below experts:
- Kris Steele, chair of Oklahomans for Criminal Justice Reform (moderator)
- Sarah Edwards, president of Yes on 805
- Morgan Hale, University of Tulsa Law graduate and niece of individual impacted by incarceration
- Estela Hernandez, Oklahoma State Board of Education member
- Don Millican, CEO of Kaiser-Francis Oil Company
- Trent England, vice president of the Oklahoma Council of Public Affairs
The town hall meeting will begin at 6 p.m. on August 11.
Those interested in attending can RSVP by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once a person has sent in their RSVP, they can click here to join the meeting.
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere.
Sign up for newsletters emailed to your inbox. Select from these options: Breaking News, Severe Weather, School Closings, Daily Headlines and Daily Forecasts.