WASHINGTON COUNTY, Okla. — The Washington County Sheriff's Office is investigating a deadly shooting.
It happened Monday afternoon west of Vera, Okla. on West 4050 Lane. Investigators told 2 Works for You two men, 29-year-old Ashton O'Dell and 23-year-old Bailey Wattenbarger, got into a fight.
Police said Wattenbarger took out a handgun, firing several rounds at O'Dell. Officials said O'Dell was shot twice, and he was pronounced dead at the scene.
Authorities arrested Wattenbarger on a first-degree murder charge, and his bond is set at $75,000.
This is an ongoing investigation.
- What you can do about high utility bills
- DOWNLOAD the 2 Works for You app for alerts
- Tulsa Public Schools offers resources for parents as students return to in person
- FOLLOW 2 Works for You on Facebook
- Cherokee chief: Time for Jeep to end use of tribe's name
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere --