TULSA, Okla. — Tulsa is starting to see progress on the construction of the new USA BMX National Headquarters, Hall of Fame Museum and Hardesty Foundation National BMX Track.
The arena will soon bring extreme sports to Tulsa’s historic Greenwood District. In the last couple of months, city officials said the concrete foundation slab has been poured, the steel delivered, and construction of the roof began in January.
Once completed, officials said the arena will seat 2,000 and feature both an amateur track and an Olympic-caliber track. A 300-space parking lot is going to be built on-site.
BMX and city officials broke ground on the $23 million site in November 2019, and construction began in June 2020.
To date, officials said construction is about 35 percent complete. The project should be finished by the end of the year.
- LIFE Senior Services stepping up to register seniors on vaccine portal
- DOWNLOAD the 2 Works for You app for alerts
- Oklahoma Highway Patrol warns Oklahomans about phone scams
- FOLLOW 2 Works for You on Facebook
- University of Tulsa announces punishment for players after bowl game fight
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere --