TULSA — More than 250 students from Tulsa Public Schools will participate in National Walk to School Day tomorrow morning.
Teachers, school leaders, parents and community members will also gather at various sites and walk to school together as a group.
Walk to School Day events help to raise awareness of the need for safe walking and bicycling routes. It also emphasizes the importance of physical activity.
Thousands of schools worldwide participate in walking or biking to school every October to build connections between families, schools and the broader community.
Here are the participating schools:
· Carnegie Elementary: Meeting at 6:50 a.m. at New Haven United Methodist Church, 5603 S. New Haven.
· Council Oak: Meeting at 7 a.m. at Woodward Park, 2435 S Peoria Ave.
· Disney Elementary: Meeting at 7 a.m. at Christview Christian Church, 2525 S. Garnett Rd.
· Dual Language Academy: Meeting at 8 a.m. at Augustine Catholic Church, 1720 E Apache St.
· Key Elementary: Meeting at 7 a.m. at Kaiser Library, 5202 S. Hudson Ave.
· Marshall Elementary: Meeting at 7 a.m., southeast corner of school playground, 1142 E 56th St.
· McClure Elementary: Meeting at 6:50 a.m. at Heller Park, 56 St. and Utica Ave.
· Peary Elementary: Meeting at 6:50 a.m. at Cowan Park baseball field, 1720 E Apache St.
· Salk Elementary: Meeting at 6:45 a.m. at Sungate Pool, 5358 S. 70 East Pl.
· Zarrow International School: Meeting at 8 a.m. at Panera Bread parking lot, 5601 E 41st St.
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere.
Sign up for newsletters emailed to your inbox. Select from these options: Breaking News, Severe Weather, School Closings, Daily Headlines and Daily Forecasts.