Tulsa man charged with murder gets case dismissed

TULSA - A man charged with first-degree murder saw his case dismissed Monday.

RELATED STORY: One person dead in south Tulsa shooting, suspect arrested by Tulsa Police

"On the eve of trial, the State of Oklahoma was made aware of additional reports that were never received by our office," Prosecutor Julie Doss said. "Consequently, today the murder charge was dismissed against William Bridges in the interest of justice pending further investigation. We are not in a position to continue prosecution of this case until an additional investigation has been completed. We must ensure that all prosecutions are based on both sides have all of the information available. This case will be turned back over to the Tulsa Police Department homicide unit for further investigation and possible re-filing.”

Bridges had been charged with murder for reportedly shooting and killing 34-year-old Christopher Coffelt back in February.

Bridges' case was dismissed without prejudice, court documents said.

Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere.

Download our free app for Apple and Android and Kindle devices.

Sign up for newsletters emailed to your inbox. Select from these options: Breaking News, Severe Weather, School Closings, Daily Headlines and Daily Forecasts.

Follow us on Twitter

Like us on Facebook

 

Print this article Back to Top