TULSA – As the weather starts to warm up, more and more locals are trading in four wheels for two, prompting the annual safety reminders for sharing the road with cyclists.
Tulsa Hub is offering a series of classes called “Traffic Skills 101 Bicycle Safety Training” starting May 7 through May 15.
• Saturday, May 7, 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. (bring a sack lunch)
• Saturday, May 14, 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. (bring a sack lunch)
• Sunday, May 15, 2:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
According to the website, each class will focus on basic skills regarding riding on busy downtown roads amidst sometimes heavy traffic.
Knowing how to operate a bicycle before the class is a must. Bring a helmet and your own bike.
Traffic Skills 101 Bicycle Safety Training will cover:
• Rules of the road for bicyclists
• Safety techniques including bike handling and hazard avoidance
• Proper helmet fitting
• Proper lighting for riding at night
• Basic bicycle maintenance (brakes, tires)
• Smooth shifting
Tickets are free and the first class meets at 601 West 3rd Street at 10 a.m.