TULSA – The Tulsa Health Department continues to offer flu shots to protect Tulsa County residents from the seasonal flu, which remains widespread in Oklahoma. THD has an ample supply of flu vaccine available, including the quadrivalent vaccine which protects against four strains of flu and the high dose vaccine for those over age 65.
Health officials remind residents that getting vaccinated against the flu every year is the single best way for everyone six months and older to prevent the flu. The flu vaccine can keep you from getting the flu, make the illness less severe if you do get it, and keep you from spreading the virus to family and other people. It is not too late to protect yourself and receive a flu vaccine this season.
The flu vaccine is available for anyone over the age of six months on a walk-in basis Mondays through Thursdays from 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. and Fridays from 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. at the following Tulsa Health Department locations:
• James O. Goodwin Health Center | 5051 S. 129 E. Ave., Tulsa, OK
• Central Regional Health Center | 315 S. Utica, Tulsa, OK
• North Regional Health and Wellness Center | 5635 N. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd., Tulsa OK
The flu vaccine is also offered at these locations, please call 918-582-9355 for clinic dates and times:
• Collinsville Community Health Center | 1201 W. Center, Collinsville, OK
• Sand Springs Health Center | 306 E. Broadway, Sand Springs, OK
THD currently accepts Cigna, Community Care, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Health Choice, Medicare, SoonerCare and Medicaid for immunizations. Please bring your insurance card and photo ID.
The cost for the flu shot is $25. Payment may be made in the form of cash, check or credit card. The vaccine is available at no cost for those who qualify, including:
• Uninsured adults below 185% of the federal poverty level
• Children who qualify for the Vaccines for Children [cdc.gov] program
• Medicare non-HMO, Medicaid or SoonerCare recipients
For more information please call 918-582-9355 or visit www.tulsa-health.org
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere.
Sign up for newsletters emailed to your inbox. Select from these options: Breaking News, Severe Weather, School Closings, Daily Headlines and Daily Forecasts.