TULSA, Okla. — The Tulsa Health Department is canceling Wednesday's planned COVID-19 vaccine clinics due to weather.
Anyone with an appointment scheduled through the Oklahoma Vaccine Portal, along with everyone who received a first dose at Expo Square on January 27th, has been rescheduled for Wednesday, March 3rd at the Expo Square Pavilion.
At this time, THD vaccine operations will continue as scheduled on Thursday, February 18th for everyone who has an appointment made through the Oklahoma Vaccine Portal, along with everyone who received a first dose at Expo Square on January 28th. Friday vaccine clinics are expected to continue as scheduled, including scheduled vaccinations at Expo Square along with a second-dose clinic in Owasso for those who received their first dose in Owasso on January 22nd.
While THD wants to vaccinate as many residents as quickly and safely as possible, the safety of clients and staff remain the top priority. THD officials offer the following guidelines to everyone scheduled to receive the vaccine on Thursday:
- The vaccine will be administered at the Lower Level River Spirit Expo, 4145 E 21st St, Tulsa, OK 74114.
- Please dress warmly and in layers.
- Use extreme caution when traveling. Make sure you have sufficient gas, allow extra travel time, remain at least 150 feet from snow plow vehicles, and drive slowly.
- Everyone must enter through Gate 1, on Sandusky Avenue off of 21st Street. This entrance will be cleared by Expo Square staff. City and County officials have assured THD that roads near the fairgrounds and the Expo Square Pavilion parking lot will be treated.
- Early arrivals are not permitted. Everyone must wait in their vehicle until their scheduled appointment time. Due to the dangerously cold weather, no one will be permitted to wait outside.
- Do not attempt to enter the Pavilion until your scheduled appointment time. You will be instructed to return to your vehicle.
- Individuals requiring assistance may be accompanied by one support person.
- THD officials encourage those driving someone to an appointment to drop the client off at the south entrance, and then park and wait to pick them up.
- Anyone who is unable to make their scheduled appointment should return to the Oklahoma Vaccine Portal to seek a new appointment opportunity.
THD officials will monitor conditions and issue new guidance as warranted. Everyone expected on Wednesday has received this information in an email as well. More than 8,000 appointments have been rescheduled by the department due to inclement weather February 10-17th. Everyone who has been rescheduled and is able to make their new appointment date should not make any changes in the Oklahoma Vaccine Portal.
Only those who are not able to make their rescheduled date should seek new appointments in the portal.
- Appointments originally scheduled on February 10th will be made up on Saturday, February 20th at the lower level of the River Spirit Expo.
- Appointments originally scheduled on February 11th will be made up on Thursday, February 18th at the lower level of the River Spirit Expo.
- Appointments originally scheduled on February 12th will be made up on February 22nd and February 25th at the Expo Square Pavilion.
- Appointments originally scheduled on February 15th will be made up on Saturday, February 27th, at the Expo Square Pavilion.
- Appointments originally scheduled on February 17th will be made up on Wednesday, March 3rd, at the Expo Square Pavilion. Only those on the roster at noon on February 16th will be rescheduled for this make-up date.
The Centers for Disease Control has issued guidance that the second dose should be administered as close to the recommended interval as possible. However, if it is not feasible to adhere to the recommended interval and a delay in vaccination is unavoidable, the second dose of Pfizer or Moderna COVID-19 vaccines may be administered up to 6 weeks (42 days) after the first dose.
THD assures residents that vaccine doses are not being wasted due to these cancellations. Each day, THD staff plans to pick up the vaccine needed for the scheduled appointments, in order to avoid the risk of not being able to use the vaccine removed from the freezer during the allotted time.
- ROLLING BLACKOUTS: Power Pool orders more rolling blackouts
- DOWNLOAD the 2 Works for You app for alerts
- CHECK: Closings and power outages in Green Country
- FOLLOW 2 Works for You on Facebook
- Green Country cities respond to winter weather
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere --