TULSA, Okla. — The Tulsa Health Department is canceling COVID-19 vaccine operations because of the weather.
THD officials said it canceled appointments for Friday, Feb. 12, and Monday, Feb. 15.
“When we consider canceling, we don’t take that decision lightly and there’s a lot of thought that goes in to that decision,” said THD Division Chief of Prevention, Preparedness and Response Kelly VanBuskirk. “We know residents are anxious and ready to receive their first or second dose, however, it comes down to the safety of them and our staff.”
No one needs to reschedule through the Oklahoma Vaccine Portal this week. Individuals who are being rescheduled will receive an email notification or phone call about the change. They are asked to come at the same appointment time of day as their original appointment.
- Appointments originally scheduled on Feb. 10 will be made up on Saturday, Feb. 20 at the lower level of the River Spirit Expo
- Appointments originally scheduled on Feb. 11 will be made up on Thursday, Feb. 18 at the lower level of the River Spirit Expo
- Appointments originally scheduled on Feb. 12 will be made up on Feb. 22 and Feb. 25 at the Expo Square Pavilion
- Appointments originally scheduled on Feb. 15 will be made up on Saturday, Feb. 27 at the Expo Square Pavilion
THD officials will continue to monitor weather conditions and provide updates to the community.
- School closings in Green Country due to weather
- DOWNLOAD the 2 Works for You app for alerts
- Oklahoma power company prepares for potential outages
- FOLLOW 2 Works for You on Facebook
- What you need to stay safe on icy roads
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere --