TULSA — A person is safe after escaping an early morning house fire, but their dog is still missing.
The fire started just after 3:30 a.m. this morning at a home near Pine and Harvard.
Fire crews say it was difficult to put out the flames because of the propane tanks near the front door.
Crews had to wait for the propane tank to relieve before putting it out to avoid the tank exploding.
The Tulsa Fire Department is warning others to be cautious when using heaters.
"Keep a safe space around the heaters so they don't malfunction or heat up," says Jason Smart with the Tulsa Fire Department. "Those propane cylinders are not even intended to be inside a home anyway and that's what caused the problem in this house."
Officials tell us they believe the fire started from a propane heater in the living room.
Fire crews are still monitoring for hotspots.
TFD says no one was injured.
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere.
Sign up for newsletters emailed to your inbox. Select from these options: Breaking News, Severe Weather, School Closings, Daily Headlines and Daily Forecasts.