TULSA, Okla. — The Tulsa County Sheriff's Office arrested a man Wednesday in connection to a homicide at Chandler Park.
Deputies said 26-year-old Nicholas McCarty faces first-degree murder for the death of 54-year-old Keli Gilbert.
The victim's body was discovered on a hillside area of the park in a state of advanced decomposition Sunday evening.￼
Around sunset, a few people were walking their dog on the lower level of Chandler Park when their dog discovered a dead body, according to Casey Roebuck, communications director for the Tulsa County Sheriff's Office.
Detectives investigated the scene as a homicide due to apparent signs of trauma to the body. Deputies said Gilbert was last confirmed to be alive in late December 2020.
McCarty is being held at the Tulsa County Jail without bond.
This is an ongoing investigation.
- Health officials say Oklahoma is set to receive increase in COVID-19 vaccine
- DOWNLOAD the 2 Works for You app for alerts
- Union Public Schools moves students in grades 9-12 to distance learning
- FOLLOW 2 Works for You on Facebook
- Biden signs three executive orders aimed at tackling climate change
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere --