TULSA COUNTY, Okla. — The Tulsa County Sheriff's Office said a suspect is in custody after a double shooting in Turley on December 1st.
Investigators said Sirmichael Morgan, 17, is custody on four counts of shooting with intent to kill.
The shooting happened Dec. 1st along the Osage Trail near North Madison Avenue and East 59th Place North. A mother and her 15 year old daughter were riding ATVs with a group of people on the trail, according to Tulsa County deputies. Officials said three juveniles approached the group on a blue ATV and opened fire, shooting the mother and daughter.
The mother was shot in the back and the daughter was shot in the thigh with an exit wound, deputies said. Both were taken to the hospital.
TCSO said they expect to make more arrests in the case.
Morgan previously faced charges in 2019 with shooting with intent to kill and first-degree burglary. According to the Oklahoma State Courts Network those charges were dismissed when a witness failed to appear in court.
- Body of missing 13-year-old boy recovered after search along Arkansas River
- DOWNLOAD the 2 Works for You app for alerts
- TU's football game against Cincinnati canceled due to COVID-19
- FOLLOW 2 Works for You on Facebook
- OSDH's Impact of Mask Mandates results: 'benefits in morbidity, mortality'
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere --