TULSA, Okla. — Tulsa County Sheriff's Office said a man was shot when he tried to break into his girlfriend's house in west Tulsa.
Deputies arrived on the scene Tuesday evening near West 3rd Street and South 57th West Ave.
Officials said a homeowner called 911 to report that her ex-boyfriend was breaking-in. When the detectives arrived, officials said they discovered that the homeowner had shot the ex-boyfriend trying to force his way back into the house.
TCSO officials said the man was taken to the hospital, and he's expected to be okay.
Officials said there had been a history of domestic violence calls to the household before.
This is an ongoing investigation.
- Five children, one man killed in Muskogee, suspect in custody
- DOWNLOAD the 2 Works for You app for alerts
- Sand Springs police say father killed his two daughters and their mother before taking his own life
- FOLLOW 2 Works for You on Facebook
- Tulsa Public Schools announces plans that could potentially bring students back by end of Feb.
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere --