TULSA, Okla. — Tulsa County District Court postpones most of activity on misdemeanor docket due to an attorney testing positive for the coronavirus.
Presiding Judge William LaFortune announced on Thursday that most misdemeanor docket activity is postponed until August 1, 2020.
Our primary focus is keeping both our staff and participants in the courts safe. We felt like this action was necessary and we will continue to closely monitor all of our courts.
Last week, the attorney appeared on the misdemeanor docket and then tested positive for COVID-19, officials said.
When LaFortune was notified, he order a judge, bailiff and many court reporters to go home for 14 days because they worked on the misdemeanor docket along with the attorney.
Those who were scheduled to be on the misdemeanor docket in June or July will receive a date for a new appearance, which will most likely be in August, officials said.
Those dates will be available on OSCN, here.
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere.
Sign up for newsletters emailed to your inbox. Select from these options: Breaking News, Severe Weather, School Closings, Daily Headlines and Daily Forecasts.