TULSA, Okla. — The pandemic is not stopping a beloved summer tradition from continuing in Green Country.
This year's summer reading program, "Imagine Your Story," kicked off on Monday at the Tulsa City-County Library and runs until July 31.
Due to the pandemic this summer the program is primarily online and features prizes and drawings for all ages.
There are three ways to register:
- Online: https://tulsalibrary.beanstack.org
- In Person: Fill out the registration form and drop it off at any Tulsa City-County Library location.
- By Mail: Fill out the registration form and mail it to: Tulsa City-County Library, Youth Services Department, 400 Civic Center, Tulsa, OK 74103
Here are the details for each age group:
- Birth to Pre-K:Read eight books or have eight books read to you by July 31 and earn a commemorative medal.
- All medal winners will be entered into a prize drawing for a $50 gift card to local educational stores. (10 gift cards will be drawn)
- Kindergarten to 5th Grade: Read eight books by July 31 and earn a commemorative medal.
- All medal winners will be entered into a prize drawing for a $50 gift card to local education stores. (20 gift cards will be drawn)
- 6th to 12th Grade:Readers who register by July 3 will be entered into a prize drawing for an iPad.
- Read or listen to four books and be entered for the grand prize drawing for one of these items: iPad, Nintendo Switch console, laptop, $100 Target gift card, $100 Barnes & Noble gift card or Beats wireless headphones. (Two of each will be drawn)
- Adults: Register by July 3 and be entered into a drawing to win a $50 Amazon gift card. (15 cards will be drawn)
- Read or listen to three books by July 31 and be entered to win one of three Amazon Kindle Fire devices.