TULSA, Okla. — Tulsa police say a suspect is on the loose after a "hostage situation" ended on Monday morning. Police said they safely removed the hostage but the suspect is now at large.
Police said the suspect was not in the apartment when they went in after several hours of working to take the barricaded suspect into custody.
According to a tweet by Tulsa Police Department's Chief Franklin, the TPD Special Operations Team is in the area of 21st Street and Memorial Drive.
Franklin said they are in the area for a "reported barricaded and hostage situation." Police said a witness called police after they saw a man dragging a woman into an apartment. The woman has been removed safely and is not in the apartment anymore, police said in a Facebook post.
We will continue to update as we learn more information.
- Gov. Stitt announces new actions to help limit the spread of COVID-19 in the state
- DOWNLOAD the 2 Works for You app for alerts
- Green Country schools moving to distance learning amid coronavirus pandemic
- FOLLOW 2 Works for You on Facebook
- Dealing with a loved one's possessions after their death
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere --