This Memorial Day, we remember the men and women who have died in war. More than 1,200,000 Americans have died since the Civil War.
In Oklahoma, the number of lives lost is more than 1,700.
To honor these military members, several places are holding special ceremonies for everyone to attend.
- White Rose Cemetery, 804 W 11th St
- 9 a.m. to 10 a.m.
- American Legion will lead the program with a 21 gun salute.
- Floral Haven Funeral Home, 6500 S 129th E Ave A
- Reading of the Honor Roll at 11 a.m., 1 p.m. and 4 p.m.
- Retiring of the Colors at 5 p.m.
- Fort Gibson National Cemetery, 1423 Cemetery Rd
- 2 p.m.
- Several speakers are lined up with an army band and trio singing the national anthem.
- Memorial Park Cemetery, 5111 S Memorial Dr
- 9:30 a.m.
- The program starts with a military flyover, followed by music with the Tulsa Community Band.
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere.
Sign up for newsletters emailed to your inbox. Select from these options: Breaking News, Severe Weather, School Closings, Daily Headlines and Daily Forecasts.