TULSA, Okla. — "The Voice" is back on NBC and features a contestant that Tulsans can root for from their own neck of the woods.
Chavon Rodgers, originally from Ada, lives in Tulsa and is competing in the singing competition show this season.
Rodgers sang the Olivia Rodrigo hit "Driver's License" on Tuesday night, but didn't get fellow Oklahoman Blake Shelton to turn around for a chance to get him on Team Blake.
Instead, he landed on Team Ariana Grande.
Despite the Shelton snub, Rodgers gifted the country music superstar a brick from their shared hometown with "Ada" carved into it.
In a pre-recorded video, Rodgers shouted out Tulsa and KJRH as he moves on in the show.
Watch "The Voice" on Mondays and Tuesdays at 8 p.m. on KJRH-TV.
- FBI: Remains found in Wyoming belong to Gabby Petito
- DOWNLOAD the 2 News Oklahoma app for alerts
- Tulsa police sting operation to fight sex trafficking
- FOLLOW 2 News Oklahoma on Facebook
- Moving out: Steps to take when leaving a rental
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere --