NewsLocal News

Actions

Teacher mistakes Pine-Sol for apple juice

Posted at 9:12 PM, Dec 02, 2018
and last updated 2018-12-02 22:12:29-05

A close call at a preschool in Hawaii.

The Health Department says a classroom assistant mistook Pine-Sol for apple juice while serving snacks.

A classroom teacher smelled the cleaning product and stopped students from drinking it.

EMS evaluated three students who took small sips of the cleaning liquid, but none of them needed treatment.

One parent whose child was in the class says she was shocked a mistake like that could happen.

The State Health Department says each year about a dozen people accidentally ingest Pine-Sol, and half of them are kids.

Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere.

Download our free app for Apple and Android and Kindle devices.

Sign up for newsletters emailed to your inbox. Select from these options: Breaking News, Severe Weather, School Closings, Daily Headlines and Daily Forecasts.

Follow us on Twitter

Like us on Facebook