TULSA, Okla — The Tulsa County Sheriff's Office say they have recovered the bodies of the Tulsa County couple who disappeared on Sunday.
TSCO discovered the bodies near Vera in Washington County off of Highway 75. The victims have been identified as Kraig and Sheri Chambers.
Wesley Brock Pavey is now in custody. According to a Facebook post made by TCSO, Pavey is the cousin of Kraig Chambers.
According to Casey Roebuck Tulsa County Sheriff's office, an altercation took place at the couple's home.
"Sounds like the family members were estranged and that perhaps the Chambers weren’t happy when the cousin showed up at their house on Saturday. Some sort of altercation ensued," Roebuck said.
Investigators say Pavey was found in Oklahoma City and brought back to Tulsa County.
Roebuck said Pavey led them to the bodies.
Roebuck said, "I don’t think they would have been found right off."
Investigators believe the couple was shot sometime on Saturday.
- Tulsa Race Massacre Centennial's 'Rise and Remember' commemoration canceled
- DOWNLOAD the 2 Works for You app for alerts
- The City of Tulsa unveils 'Black Lives Matter' Street
- FOLLOW 2 Works for You on Facebook
- The 1921 Tulsa Race Massacre: A look back 100 years later
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere --