TAHLEQUAH, Okla. -- The Christmas parade in Tahlequah in December will feature a silent zone, this year, so anyone with autism or sensory-related issues may enjoy it.
The Candyland Christmas-themed parade will be held Dec. 7 at 6:30 p.m. in downtown Tahlequah.
The silent zone will be between Choctaw and Chickasaw streets. Tahlequah Chamber of Commerce officials will place signage along the route to inform spectators and parade entrants that they are entering the silent area.
The parade will run from Goingsnake Street to Chickasaw Street.
Street and parking space closures:
MUSKOGEE AVENUE PARKING SPACE CLOSURE – 2 p.m.
Parking spaces on both sides of Muskogee Ave. from Goingsnake to Chickasaw will be closed beginning at 2 pm on parade day. All vehicles are required to move from the area by the time of closure. The closure of both sides of the street are due to spectator safety.
STREET CLOSURES – 3 p.m.
• Crafton St. from N. Grand to N. Oklahoma Ave.
• Streets intersecting with Crafton St. - Callie Drive, Lewis Ave., NSU Drive (closed from 3 p.m. – 8 p.m. – no access)
STREET CLOSURES – 5:30 p.m.
• Muskogee Avenue/Grand Ave. from E. Allen Rd. to Chickasaw
• College Ct. to Muskogee from Shawnee to Chickasaw
• Muskogee Ave. to Chickasaw Intersecting Roads including: Chickasaw, Choctaw, Delaware, Downing, Goingsnake, Keetoowah, Morgan, Shawnee, Spring
• Streets will not have access to/from N. Grand - E. Arden St., Jamestown St., Leoser St., Seminary Ave.
• Streets will not have access to/from N. Grand - Berry St., North St., W. Arden St.
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere.
Sign up for newsletters emailed to your inbox. Select from these options: Breaking News, Severe Weather, School Closings, Daily Headlines and Daily Forecasts.