LISTEN: 911 calls from BA homicide

Posted at 11:50 AM, Mar 23, 2016
and last updated 2016-03-23 21:39:37-04

Court documents obtained by 2 Works For you show 69-year-old Judith Nix filed for a protective order against 69-year-old Kenneth Nix in 2011. The protective order filing was completed after the couple filed for divorce that January. 



On Monday evening Broken Arrow police responded to a reported suicide at a home in the 18500 block of E. 101st St. Once detectives spoke with 69-year-old Judith Nix, they determined she had shot her husband, 69-year-old Kenneth Nix, pictured below.   

BAPD reports that Judith Nix staged a suicide scene after shooting her husband and hours passed before police were notified.

After heading to the hospital under police custody with a medical issue, Nix was transferred to Tulsa County Jail on Tuesday evening. Police also arrested her daughter, 43-year-old Michel Davis-Pearson as an accessory after the fact. BAPD reported Nix told her two adult daughters of the events on Monday, but the daughters didn't inform police. 

On Wednesday, the second daughter had still not been located or identified by Broken Arrow police, but a spokesman said she is considered a person of interest. 

In the 2011 protective order filing, Judith Nix stated incidents had been taking place for two years. She wrote that Kenneth had "threatened me bodily harm on many occasions, screams and intimidates me into subjecting to him. He gets in my face with the threatening gestures and name-calling. I am in fear for my life. He has a very violent past, all his adult life has been filled with violence, bodily harm to others, etc." 

An emergency protective order was served on August 1, 2011. Court records then show it was dismissed on August 15, 2011, after both Kenneth and Judith Nix failed to appear for a court hearing on the matter. 

The couple filed for divorce, after being married in Las Vegas, Nevada in 1985. 

Judith Nix's mother also filed for a protective order against Kenneth in 2011. She claimed she had been harassed over the phone by her son-in-law. She added that he came into her home while she was gone and he took money and coins from her residence. A protective order was served, but then later dismissed.  

We are continuing to update and gather more information regarding this story. Check back at 5 and 6 p.m. for more information! 

Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere.

Download our free app for Apple and Android and Kindle devices.

Sign up for newsletters emailed to your inbox. Select from these options: Breaking News, Severe Weather, School Closings, Daily Headlines and Daily Forecasts.

Follow us on Twitter

Like us on Facebook