Students and staff at Skelly Elementary in Tulsa evacuated from building after odor of natural gas

Posted at 8:12 AM, Jan 26, 2018
and last updated 2018-01-26 09:45:26-05

TULSA--Students and faculty at Skelly Elementary has been evacuated from a building after a odor of natural gas was detected. 

Tulsa Fire Department is on the scene at the school located at 2940 S. 90th East Ave. 

All students and personnel have been moved into another building on campus. 

TFD is searching for the source of the odor. Oklahoma Natural Gas is also responding. 

Tulsa Public Schools says all students are safe.

Tulsa Firefighters did a sweep of the building and gave the 'all clear' about about 8:45am. 

TFD says the cause of the odor was a malfunctioning heater. 


Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere.

Download our free app for Apple and Android and Kindle devices.

Sign up for newsletters emailed to your inbox. Select from these options: Breaking News, Severe Weather, School Closings, Daily Headlines and Daily Forecasts.

Follow us on Twitter

Like us on Facebook