OKLAHOMA CITY — As of Wednesday, April 14, Dr. Lance Frye is the next state commissioner of health.
Dr. Frye is the first-appointed health commissioner to be confirmed by the Oklahoma State Senate. The confirmation also means he will be the first non-interim commissioner to hold the position since 2018.
“I want to thank Governor Kevin Stitt and the Oklahoma Senate, particularly Senate President Pro Tem Greg Treat and Senator Rader, who carried my nomination, for the opportunity to continue serving as Commissioner of Health," Dr. Frye said. "I look forward to working with the entire Legislature to promote the health and safety of Oklahomans."
- Biden outlines plan to withdraw all US troops from Afghanistan
- DOWNLOAD the 2 Works for You app for alerts
- OSU-Tulsa launches the Center for Truth, Racial Healing and Transformation
- FOLLOW 2 Works for You on Facebook
- Officer who shot Duante Wright to face manslaughter charges
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere --