NewsLocal News

Actions

Southcrest Hospital implements standard lockdown procedure

Web-Default-Image-KJRH_1280x720.png
Posted at 9:55 PM, Oct 28, 2019
and last updated 2019-10-28 22:58:44-04

TULSA, Okla. — A viewer called our 2 Works for You newsroom to let us know she was waiting to be seen at the emergency room at Southcrest Hospital when a gunshot wound victim was admitted.

The woman says she was told by hospital staff they weren’t accepting any patients at the time out of concern the shooter would show up at the hospital.

Officials say the emergency room was locked down for 45 minutes and that this is standard protocol when a victim of violence is being treated.

Southcrest’s public information officer released this statement:

“A patient was admitted to the emergency department with gunshot wounds earlier this evening. The safety of our employees and patients is our top priority and therefore, in an abundance of caution, we implemented a standard lockdown procedure in the ER. Our security team and local authorities have been monitoring the situation and after nearly one hour, the emergency room reopened for patients and their families.” — Rachel Smith

Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere.

Download our free app for Apple and Android and Kindle devices.

Sign up for newsletters emailed to your inbox. Select from these options: Breaking News, Severe Weather, School Closings, Daily Headlines and Daily Forecasts.

Follow us on Twitter

Like us on Facebook