TULSA -- A south Tulsa family was left without a home after a house fire Friday night.
Fire crews responded to the home near 71st Street and Yale Avenue last night. Firefighters say no one was in the home at the time of the fire.
The fire started in one of the bedrooms, according to firefighters.
Following the fire, district fire Chief Ronnie Cole gave some advice as temperatures continue to plummet. "Stay warm. Be careful with any space, heaters, fireplaces, candles. Anything people use to stay warm. Just be careful. It's that time of the year," said Cole.
The American Red Cross is working to help the family.
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere.
Sign up for newsletters emailed to your inbox. Select from these options: Breaking News, Severe Weather, School Closings, Daily Headlines and Daily Forecasts.