NewsLocal News

Actions

South Tulsa DoubleTree Hotel evacuated overnight

South Tulsa DoubleTree Hotel evacuated overnight
Posted at 5:18 AM, Aug 23, 2018
and last updated 2018-08-23 07:38:51-04

TULSA, Okla. - The Doubletree Hotel at Warren Place near 61st and South Yale was evacuated due to smoke overnight. 

All 134 guests were evacuated around 4:30am as multiple fire crews arrived to search the large property.

Guests were allowed to return to their rooms at 5:30am.

Tulsa fire officials determined the cause of the smoke was a damaged belt in the air conditioning unit on the roof. 

EMSA paramedics treated one woman on the scene for breathing problems.

Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere.

Download our free app for Apple and Android and Kindle devices.

Sign up for newsletters emailed to your inbox. Select from these options: Breaking News, Severe Weather, School Closings, Daily Headlines and Daily Forecasts.

Follow us on Twitter

Like us on Facebook