Sautéed Green Beans
1 tablespoon canola or olive oil
1 red onion, thinly sliced
1 pound green beans, washed and ends trimmed
½ teaspoon kosher salt
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
1 red bell pepper, sliced into sticks
1-2 tablespoons vinegar of your choice (try balsamic, apple cider, or red wine vinegar)
1. Heat a medium-size sauté pan over medium-high heat until shimmering.
2. Add red onion and cook until softened and beginning to brown, 3-5 minutes.
3. Add green beans, salt, and pepper and cook while stirring until beans are bright green and tender-crisp. You want the green beans to have a bit of crunch. (2-4 minutes)
4. Add red bell pepper and cook for another minute or 2, just until the peppers are heated through.
5. Sprinkle with vinegar and serve immediately.
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere --