- 1/2 head Napa cabbage, shredded
- 1 bunch green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 10-ounce bag frozen edamame, thawed
- 1/4 cup creamy or crunchy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons apple juice, orange juice, or water
- 1-inch knob (piece) of ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted peanuts
- For an even more flavorful dressing, add rice wine vinegar, sesame oil, or lime juice and/or zest
Tools and equipment:
- cutting board
- whisk or fork
- mixing bowl
- tongs or mixing spoon
- Place cabbage, green onion, and edamame in a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Whisk together: peanut butter, vinegar, soy sauce, juice or water, ginger, and garlic. (If you have a blender, use it to blend these ingredients.)
- Drizzle the dressing over the bowl of vegetables. Use just enough dressing to coat vegetables. Use tongs to toss well to coat. Refrigerate remaining dressing for another time.
- Top with roasted peanuts.
Thinly sliced cucumber or radishes, grated carrots, chopped bell pepper, other types of shredded cabbage, chopped cilantro; toasted almonds or sesame seeds; and cubed seared or sautéed tofu.
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere.
Sign up for newsletters emailed to your inbox. Select from these options: Breaking News, Severe Weather, School Closings, Daily Headlines and Daily Forecasts.