- 1 pound firm tofu, set with calcium
- ¼ cup yogurt (we like almond, oat or coconut yogurt)
- 2-4 tablespoons water
- Unsweetened crisp rice cereal (Rice Krispies), lightly crushed
- Pan spray
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
1. Remove tofu from packaging and wrap in several paper towels. Place wrapped tofu on a plate and place another plate on top. Allow tofu to release liquid for at least 30 minutes and up to several hours, changing the paper towels 2-3 times.
2. Preheat oven to 400 F.
3. Line a sheet pan with foil or parchment paper. Set aside.
4. In a medium bowl, combine yogurt with 2 tablespoons of water to start. Add more water if needed to make a thin mixture.
5. Place crushed cereal in a medium bowl.
6. Remove tofu from paper towels and pat dry completely. Cut tofu into 16 sticks.
7. Dip tofu sticks into thinned yogurt and immediately roll in cereal.
8. Place coated sticks on lined sheet pan.
9. Spray well with pan spray. This will help give a crunchy coating.
10. Place in oven and bake for 10 minutes. Flip each stick, spray with pan spray again, and continue baking another 10 minutes.
11. Remove from oven, sprinkle with salt, and allow to cool about 5 minutes before serving.
Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
Great additions and substitutions: Try alternative coatings/breadings for like Chex cereal, bran flakes, corn flakes, bread crumbs, etc.
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere --