TULSA, Okla — Makes 12 muffins
¾ cup milk – we like oat, soy, or almond
2 tablespoons milled flax seed (flax meal)
2/3 cup applesauce
¼ cup canola oil
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar or white vinegar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 15-ounce can low salt or sodium free black beans, drained, rinsed and well mashed
1 1/3 cups oat flour
½ cup sugar – white, brown, coconut, or your choice of granulated sugar
½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
¼ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
½ cup chocolate chips, plus a few more to sprinkle on top
1. Preheat oven to 350˚ F.
2. Spray 12 muffin cups with non-stick pan spray.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together all of the wet ingredients and allow to stand at least 15 minutes. (You can also place all of the wet ingredients in a blender for a smoother consistency.)
4. In a medium bowl, whisk together all of the dry ingredients.
5. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, and stir until just mixed.
6. Divide the batter equally between the 12 muffin cups and top with a few more chocolate chips.
7. Place in oven and bake…. Or until a pick comes out clean.
8. Allow to cool 10 minutes before turning out on to a wire rack to continue to cool for another 5 minutes or so before enjoying.
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere --