1 cup bulgur wheat
1 1/2 cups low-sodium vegetable stock (or water)
2 cans low-sodium beans of your choice, rinsed and drained
2 teaspoons canola oil
1 bunch greens of your choice, washed, dried and cut into strips or pieces
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1. Combine bulgur wheat and stock in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover with a lid and simmer about 10-12 minutes or until water is absorbed and wheat is tender.
2. Stir in beans, cover, remove from heat and set aside.
3. Add 2 teaspoons oil to a medium sauté pan and place over medium heat.
4. Add greens and garlic and sauté until greens are bright green and beginning to get tender. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
5. For each serving, place wheat and bean mixture in a bowl or on a plate, top with greens. Serve immediately.
Tools & Equipment
Can opener; mixing bowl; saucepan or kettle; skillet; spoon, spatula or tongs; cutting board, knife.
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere --