TULSA, Okla. — Serves 4
- 1 small shallot, very finely minced
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- Pinch of ground black pepper
- ½ tablespoon honey
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 pounds shaved Brussels sprouts
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries or “Craisins”
- ½ cup chopped, toasted walnuts (optional)
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together all ingredients except sprouts, cranberries, and walnuts (if using).
- Fold in remaining ingredients. Taste for seasoning and add a bit more mustard, acid, or salt as needed.
- For best flavor, allow to sit 20 minutes before serving.
Additions and substitutions: Try experimenting with different types of vinegar. Substitute garlic for shallot, try different types of cabbage instead of Brussels sprouts, try subbing other dried fruits such as raisins or dried apricots for dried cranberries, and omit walnuts or try pecans, almonds, or other nuts instead.
Tools and equipment: Knife, cutting board, grater, mixing bowl, whisk or fork, measuring spoons, measuring cups.
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere --