Recipe from the Shape Your Future Healthy Kitchen with Chef Valarie from OU Culinary Medicine for Black Eye Pea Salad.
- 2 ounces red wine vinegar
- 3 ounces canola or olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed and finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 small red onion finely diced
- 1 cup of tomatoes of your choice, chopped (roma, plum, cherry or even canned)
- 1 15 ounce can black eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- In a large bowl, whisk together vinegar, oil, spices, garlic and salt
- Gently mix in remaining ingredients
- allow to sit at least 30 minutes for best flavor development
Eat as a side dish, a salsa or topping for veggie burgers
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere.
Sign up for newsletters emailed to your inbox. Select from these options: Breaking News, Severe Weather, School Closings, Daily Headlines and Daily Forecasts.