One injured in sand Springs house fire; fire crews say home is total loss

Posted at 1:10 PM, Dec 10, 2016
and last updated 2016-12-10 14:10:37-05

SAND SPRINGS, Okla. -- One person was injured after a house fire in Sand Springs Saturday morning.

Fire crews say around 4 in the morning Saturday, they responded to a home near 4th Street and Cleveland Avenue.

Jesse Rodriguez, a nearby neighbor, says he was outside and called police when he saw the flames. "I was coming outside. I was taking care of my brother in law and i was smoking a cigarette because we're not allowed to smoke in the house. And I just seen flames. I went inside and woke my wife and brother in law. And I was just concerned about kids and family and stuff like that."

Firefighters say two people were inside the home when it caught fire, one was burned but is expected to be okay.

According to firefighters, the home is a total loss. The fire is currently under investigation.

Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere.

Download our free app for Apple and Android and Kindle devices.

Sign up for newsletters emailed to your inbox. Select from these options: Breaking News, Severe Weather, School Closings, Daily Headlines and Daily Forecasts.

Follow us on Twitter

Like us on Facebook