SAND SPRINGS, Okla. -- A 7th and 8th grade center in Sand Springs that was evacuated Monday afternoon after a heater malfunction will be closed on Tuesday.
The incident happened at Clyde Boyd Middle School. The evacuation came as a result of a heater malfunction, and there are possibly harmful gasses such as carbon monoxide in the air.
School officials released the following statement:
At this time, no decision has been made about whether or not classes will resume on Wednesday. As soon as a decision is made, we will notify parents through all of our communication channels.
Officials said some students at the school started getting sick around 2 p.m.
Students were relocated to a large gym and will not be allowed back in the building until the fire department authorizes entry. The district will notify parents and students when it is allowed.
Crews are investigating the odor at the school.
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere.
Sign up for newsletters emailed to your inbox. Select from these options: Breaking News, Severe Weather, School Closings, Daily Headlines and Daily Forecasts.